This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
American Hydrotech Inc.Location: CHICAGO, IL 60611 Document ID: AC016-3MLH Posted on: 2018-01-1601/16/2018 Job Type: Temporary
Will not pay relocation expenses
HOUR Hourly Wage: $20 -- $25 Minimum Education: Not Specified2018-02-15
CUSTOMER SERVICE - FULL-TIME TEMPORARY - 6 MONTHS
Located in the Streeterville area of Chicago. A rapidly growing company in the industry of development, production and distribution of premium waterproofing and roofing products, seeks a high performance individual for the job opening of Customer Service Temporary (6 MONTHS).
The position reports to the Transportation and Logistics Manager.
CUSTOMER SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Customer order entry.
- Process e-mail or faxes to release products from warehouses Verify pricing with sales representatives or regional managers
- Coordinate with freight companies to handle shipping logistics
- Re-quote customers on soil/paver quotes for changes in quantity
- Follow-up on orders to ensure timely delivery and inform customers of any changes or delays.
- Enter orders into computer using MS Great Plains accounting software.
- Invoice orders that have shipped.
- Customer account reconciliation.
- Coordinate any returns of material for proper authorization, restocking charge & credit.
- Build strong relationships with customers and vendors.
- Learn to anticipate potential trouble spots so they can be avoided.
- Have above average attendance and punctuality (Hours 8AM to 5PM).
- Provide customer service back-up for customer service account managers.
- Other duties as assigned
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCES:
- Enjoy a very fast paced business environment in which multi-tasking is the daily norm.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Be diplomatic and courteous at all times.
- Experience working with intermodal, LTL carriers, freight brokers & truckload carriers.
- A transportation background is a plus.
- Excellent communication and Customer Service Skills.
- Be organized and good at prioritizing.
- Be proactive, a self-starter, results-oriented, and a team player who wants to be challenged.
- Maintain a positive attitude
Please apply below