This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your ChicagoJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Safer FoundationDocument ID: A6481-0NH5 Posted on: 12/04/2012 Job Type: Regular
Correctional Counselor 1
Title: Correctional Residence Counselor I
Program: Community Corrections
Location: Crossroads and North Lawndale Adult Transition Centers, Chicago, IL
To apply for this position, please click:https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=2902961
Please note: After you “submit” your application, you will receive an e-mail acknowledging receipt.
The Correctional Residence Counselor I is responsible for the safety and security needs of the residents, staff and visitors at the two all-male residential correctional facilities on Chicago’s Westside.
- Direct supervision, monitoring and safety of residents.
· Control and custody of residents.
· Ensures the safety of all persons and property coming into contact with the centers.
· Manages an assigned post or function.
· Ensures that the maintenance or other duties assigned to the residents are completed in a timely manner.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to work mandatory overtime.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Excellent interpersonal and people skills.
- Excellent verbal, reading comprehension and writing skills.
- Professional demeanor.
- Good work ethic.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Previous experience in corrections/law enforcement preferred.
Safer Foundation is a drug-free workplace.
|More Jobs from Safer Foundation|