This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your ChicagoJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Skills for Chicagoland's FutureLocation: Chicago, IL 60601 Document ID: AB222-1MSO Posted on: 2018-01-2201/22/2018 Job Type: Regular
Brand Ambassador - Gap on Michigan Ave
Skills for Chicagoland's Future
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland's Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland's Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills' Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
American Optimism is our attitude. Casual style is our aesthetic. Clean and confident, comfortable and accessible, classic and modern. It's the quintessential expression of Gap brought to life through iconic clothing. Our collections are a modern interpretation of our denim roots and signature pieces that are a staple for every wardrobe. Gap embraces a youthful, infectious spirit and the freedom to express individual style.
Today we have 1,700 company-operated and franchise retail locations around the world and we've expanded our online presence to around 70 countries.
Chicago, IL - Michigan Avenue (Flagship Store)
Our Sales Associates (Brand Ambassadors) are team players who are Stylish, Respectful, Social, and Engaging. They are passionate about fashion and trend and have an in-service mindset in doing what's right for our customers. The Sales Associate (Brand Ambassador) is responsible for helping create a customer centric environment and engaging with customers to ensure a positive shopping experience.
Creates an engaging experience for customers
- Demonstrates a customer first mindset while working in the store.
- Educates customers on product features and benefits.
- Connects with customers by asking open-ended questions.
- Speaks with confidence to customers about styles and trend.
- Enhances the customer experience through digital offerings.
- Ensures customers never leave disappointed.
Delivers customer service to increase sales
- Drives sales by suggesting items to meet customer needs.
- Upholds all store policies and procedures.
Ensures the store is easy to shop and accessible to customers
- Maintains the store to meet brand standards.
- Executes all operational processes effectively.
Contributes to a positive customer centric environment
- Embodies a customer first mindset.
- Demonstrates values and behaviors consistent with our culture.
- Provides support to employees through sharing of knowledge.
- Assists team members in customer interactions.
- Previous experience in customer centric environment preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate strong customer focused skills.
- Ability to receive feedback and take action when appropriate.
- Ability to meet brand availability requirements.
- Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs.
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor and stockroom.