This posting cannot receive an online application from your ChicagoJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Skills for Chicagoland's FutureLocation: Chicago, IL 60601 Document ID: AB412-0Q4D Posted on: 2017-11-2011/20/2017 Job Type: Regular
Account Executive - Yelp
Help local businesses connect with consumers through digital advertising on Yelp. As a member of the Sales Development Program, Account Executives are provided with a professional growth track for not just a job at Yelp but a career. Great salary and benefits package!
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland's Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland's Future as one of your job search sources? Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills' Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company: Yelp
Yelp was created to connect people with great local businesses. As an Account Executive, you'll be working directly with these local businesses to help them achieve their goals through Yelp's advertising programs. You'll provide a consultative approach to every sale and work with each client to determine their business's needs and aspirations, because we succeed when we help our clients grow their businesses. Click for pictures of Yelp's Chicago Office.
In this role, you will be directly responsible for selling advertising space on Yelp to local businesses across the US and Canada. Success in this role is measured by hitting and exceeding monthly sales goals, consistently staying ahead of daily metrics, and handling rejection in stride, all in a team-focused environment.
What You'll Do
- Own and manage a pipeline of clients ranging from dentists to florists to restaurant owners
- Consult, educate, strategize, and successfully sell Yelp advertising programs through a high volume of sales calls - strong communication and tenacity are key!
- Become an expert in Yelp's advertising solutions, and adapt product recommendations quickly to suit client needs - asking probing questions and handling objections will be critical to your success
- Achieve and consistently exceed monthly sales goals
What We're Looking For in You
- You have an appetite for learning! You're keen on turning training and feedback into action and continuous self-improvement
- You are committed to a high standard of integrity and work ethic
- You're an excellent listener, assertive, persistent, and persuasive - show us your grit!
- You are genuinely curious about people, local businesses, and possess the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- You are adaptable and can think on your feet. When faced with new challenges, or tough conversations, failure simply isn't an option
- Bachelor's degree or 3+ successful years in high volume sales
- Excellent communication skills - no fear of the phone
- General computer and email proficiency
- Positive attitude and a drive to win
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time within a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work legally in the US
Training and Development
- Comprehensive initial two month training with ongoing career development support and opportunities through the Yelp Sales Development Program*
- Learn industry-leading communication and sales techniques that will enable you to find solutions for your clients and close deals
- Gain extensive knowledge of the industry's leading CRM tool, Salesforce
- Train with current top producers and improve daily with feedback and experience
- Become an expert in internet advertising and the world of SMB
*The Yelp Sales Development Program provides a transparent path for professional growth by outlining what you need to be doing every day, month, and quarter to reach the next level in our sales organization. As you progress through YSDP, you will be eligible for increases in compensation, title, and responsibilities, which will keep your career moving in the right direction.
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee-only coverage)
- 15 days PTO and 11 paid holidays (per year)
- 6 weeks paid parental leave plus up to 6 weeks paid pregnancy disability leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Access to fully stocked Yelp kitchens
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with up to $1,000 matching per year
- Employee stock purchase plan
Think you have what it takes to be an Account Executive at Yelp? Send us your resume today.
The Merchandise Mart: 222 W. Merchandise Mart, Chicago, IL 60654. Convenient access to CTA and other mass transit options, along with nearby parking.
|More Jobs from Skills for Chicagoland's Future|