This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
Chicago Zoological SocietyDocument ID: A7105-0F7R Posted on: 05/24/2013 Job Type: Regular
Section Supervisor, BZ Red Hots II (Seasonal)
As Section Supervisor – Food Service Concessions at BZ Red Hots, you will be responsible for supervising assigned food service location(s) when a full-time manager is not present or a principle component of the restaurant while a full-time manager is present, to assure the quality of food, safety, sanitation, and the quality of service and cleanliness of the restaurant. This is not limited to but includes assigning duties to staff as necessary to meet operating and quality objective, supervising a staff of 15-25 employees in the performance of assigned duties and ensures accuracy of cash handling and inventory control. You will make use of your prior food service experience as you assure compliance to all regulations, department protocols and standards, and all policies and procedures and assure standards of food quality, quality of service, cleanliness and other standards are met in accordance with established food service sanitation procedures and requirements. Your good communication and interpersonal skills will be demonstrated as you assist in the training of new employees, provide necessary feedback on performance to staff and communicate about staff performance to management, and communicate with other departments as necessary to meet restaurant objectives. Your good organizational skills and customer service skills will be demonstrated as you will also provide assistance and directions to guests and handle customer and employee concerns on the initial level and notifies manager of same.
The Section Supervisor – Food Service Concessions at BZ Red Hots requires flexible availability to work five days out of seven days each week. The position also requires the ability to work non-standard hours including evenings, holidays, and weekends. This is a temporary (seasonal) position. The starting wage for this position is $8.90/hr.
The requirements for this position include:
- High School graduate or (GED) equivalent preferred.
- Minimum one year relevant experience in a food service environment required.
- Requires good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Requires a responsible individual who can work well with staff and management.
- Experience and/or ability to work and interact effectively with a diverse, multicultural audience. Multilingual ability, Spanish fluency a plus.
- Incumbents are assigned to work restaurants, refreshment stands, mobile carts, or other outdoor sales locations. Food Service employees may also be required to assist temporarily at other Guest Services locations.
- Incumbent must have ability to work non-standard hours including evenings, holidays, and weekends. Work schedules are based on the needs of the operation and may be adjusted due to weather conditions.
The Chicago Zoological Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/V/D.
|More Jobs from Chicago Zoological Society|