This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
Chicago Zoological SocietyLocation: Brookfield, IL 60513 Document ID: A7105-0F7O Posted on: 2013-08-1808/18/2013 Job Type: Regular
Sales Manager, External Catering
As Sales Manager, External Catering, you will utilize your prior sales experience to implement sales strategies with the Director of Catered Events that may including traveling locally to customer sites to present Catered Events products and services to achieve sales goals. Utilizing your innovation and strong professional sales techniques, you will research and cultivate new business to utilize on-site facilities for picnics, events, meetings, trade shows, etc., develop and promote "custom" event packages encouraging the use of on-site facilities, and promote a full range of services available with a focus on revenue generation. You will finalize client specifications, needs, event details, and customer/department expectations to culinary and logistical staff to assure customer satisfaction for each event as well as conduct appropriate follow-up with clients following events. Focusing on results, you will develop new markets and relevant sales tools, pursue designated groups to increase on-site facility usage by targeted markets and work with Marketing staff to develop marketing, advertising publication, etc., to effectively represent Society programs and services to the public. You will also cultivate relationships with Meeting Planners and CCTB, expand hotel partnerships, attend industry after-hour events and participates in industry related tradeshows.
The requirements for this position include:
- Associates degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field, or equivalent combination of training and/or experience required.
- Minimum of five years relevant sales and customer service experience in a hotel, banquet, special events or similar venue required, preferably within for-profit and non-profit organizations.
- Must have experience in effective sales techniques.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including verbal, written, and listening required. Must possess the ability to effectively communicate with all level of diverse staff and audiences.
- Must have computer proficiency including experience with Delphi, Catermate, Breeze or other comparable catering software program, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Must possess strong organizational skills. Attention to detail and accuracy a must.
- Must be able to work effectively under pressure and meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience successfully coordinating multiple events required.
- Must represent the Society in a professional manner at all times.
- Incumbent must be available to travel locally and work evenings and weekends. Must have safe and reliable transportation for travel.
- Experience and/or ability to work and interact effectively with a diverse, multicultural audience. Multilingual ability, Spanish fluency a plus.
- Valid driver's license required. Illinois residents must possess a valid Illinois license within 90 days of hire. Valid out-of-state license required for out-of-state residents.
The Chicago Zoological Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/V/D.
|More Jobs from Chicago Zoological Society|