This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
Chicago Zoological SocietyDocument ID: A7045-01LG Posted on: 08/24/2013 Job Type: Temporary
Play Program Assistant (Seasonal)
As a Play Program Assistant, you will be assisting Play Partners and the Hamill Family Play Zoo (HFPZ) volunteers with all daily play program activities, including helping visitors with projects in the HFPZ workshop, HFPZ greenhouse and other play settings. You will also provide daily program preparation support to the Play Partners and HFPZ Volunteers and assists with ongoing setup and cleanup of the various play settings. Your friendly demeanor, good interpersonal skills and outstanding communication skills will contribute to creating an extraordinary guest experience for our over 2 million guests each year.
As Brookfield Zoo is open 365 days a year, Play Program Assistant positions require the ability to work non-standard hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays. This is a temporary (seasonal) position. The starting wage for this position is $8.25 per hour.
The requirements for this position include:
• Minimum two years of high school required.
• Educational and/or recreational experience in a formal or non-formal education setting such as a day care, camp, school, park district, or cultural institution working with children aged birth to 10 years preferred.
• Creative skills and/or abilities such as musician, actor, dancer, artist, gardener, farmer, naturalist, craftsperson, or other skills relevant to the exhibit experience are a plus.
• Experience in a zoo, aquarium, museum, nature center, or art studio preferred.
• Previous experience caring for children of different ages strongly preferred.
• Must have successfully completed at least one year of Chicago Zoological Society's Youth Volunteer Corps (YVC) or at least one year experience in a volunteer or youth leadership program. Experience with YVC preferred.
• Must be a minimum of 16 years of age.
• Must have ability to work in a team environment.
• Must possess strong communication skills and good organizational skills.
• Must have a genuine interest in nature and animals.
• Must be open to new experiences.
• Must have the ability to work non-standard hours including a flexible schedule with rotating days, including regular weekends, holidays and evening work as needed.
• Experience and/or ability to work and interact effectively with a diverse, multicultural audience. Multilingual ability, Spanish fluency a plus.
|More Jobs from Chicago Zoological Society|