This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
Chicago Zoological SocietyDocument ID: A7015-03CF Posted on: 09/07/2013 Job Type: Regular
Merchandise Attendant, Culturas (Seasonal)
You can too! As a Merchandise Attendant at Culturas Gift Shop, you will assist our many guests and greet them enthusiastically - customer service is a number one priority at Brookfield Zoo. Along with that welcoming smile, your helpful assistance to guests while they browse to shop will enhance their guest experience. Your friendly demeanor and vast knowledge about the merchandise will contribute positively to merchandise sales. In addition, you will be operating the cash register to accurately ring up sales and balancing the cash draw at the end of each work day; participate in daily operations by cleaning, stocking, pricing, displaying merchandise and taking accurate inventories. All of these important activities are extremely important in maintaining a high-quality experience for our over 2 million guests each year.
As Brookfield Zoo is open 365 days a year, the Merchandise Attendant at Culturas Gift Shop requires flexible availability to work non-standard hours including evenings, holidays, and weekends with work shifts that are generally from four to eight hours in length. Merchandise Attendants may be assigned to work in gift shops, tents, souvenir stands, photo booths, and carts. You must be at least 16 years of age for this position. This is a temporary (seasonal) position. Starting wage: $8.25 per hour.
The requirements for this position include:
- High School graduate or (GED) equivalent preferred.
- Accurate basic math skills required.
- Ability to communicate well with the public required.
- Must project a willingness to learn and perform new skills and tasks.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills to provide the highest level of quality customer service, representing the Chicago Zoological Society in a professional manner..
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Incumbent must have the ability to work non-standard hours including evenings, holidays, and weekends.
- Experience and/or ability to work and interact effectively with a diverse, multicultural audience. Multilingual ability and Spanish fluency a plus.
|More Jobs from Chicago Zoological Society|