This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
Chicago Zoological SocietyDocument ID: A7025-00EF Posted on: 09/07/2013 Job Type: Regular
Membership Representative/Data Entry Clerk (Seasonal)
Our beautiful park like setting has an amazing 216 acres of meticulously landscaped grounds, the Discovery Center and Pavilions provide indoor and outdoor event facilities, three major restaurants provide delicious food options, and there are over 20 different animal exhibits. Membership offers many opportunities for individuals, families and communities to connect with nature and to help the zoo's conservation efforts.
As a Membership Representative/Data Entry Clerk, you will demonstrate your prior experience in customer service while performing all member service functions including responding to member inquires and concerns via telephone, e-mail and in person, as well as membership data entry. Your accurate basic math skills and accurate typing skills will be utilized as you create and update membership and/or animal adoption records in Raiser's Edge database, respond to phone inquiries and simultaneously perform accurate and efficient data entry regarding the inquiries, including addressing caller concerns, directing member and non-member questions to the appropriate resources, managing member expectations, seeking resolutions to problems expeditiously, and fulfilling member requests. Through training, you will obtain product knowledge of the various membership and Share the Care packages. You will make use of your effective problem-solving skills to provide guests with essential information to assist them in maximizing their membership and zoo experience. You will also become familiar with the zoo and its attractions as well as keep abreast of upcoming special events in order to enthusiastically and accurately relay information to guests.
As Brookfield Zoo is open 365 days a year, the Membership Representative/Data Entry Clerk position requires the availability to work any five days out of seven days each week with work shifts that are generally from four to eight hours in length. The position also requires the ability to work non-standard and varied hours including weekends, holidays and some evenings. Work schedules are based on the needs of the operation. This is a temporary (seasonal) position. Starting wage: $9.25 per hour.
The requirements for this position include:
- High School graduate or equivalent combination of training/experience preferred.
- Minimum one year customer service experience required.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Organizational and analytical skills required with an eye for detail, completeness, and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure, meet deadlines and resolve guests' concerns appropriately. Ability to handle multiple priorities efficiently and accurately required.
- Accurate, basic math skills required.
- Basic computer skills required. Intermediate or advanced skills with experience in Razor's Edge, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel desired.
- One year data entry experience desired with accurate typing of 30 w.p.m. required. Must be able to accurately enter a minimum of 25 memberships per hour within 3 weeks of employment required.
- Must maintain confidentiality of privileged information.
- Experience and/or ability to work and interact effectively with a diverse, multicultural audience. Multi-lingual ability and Spanish fluency a plus.
- Valid driver's license required. Illinois residents must possess a valid Illinois license within 90 days of hire. Valid out-of-state license required for out-of-state residents.
- This seasonal position requires the ability to work non-standard and varied hours including weekends, holidays and some evenings. Work schedules are based on the needs of the operation.
The Chicago Zoological Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/V/D - Diversity candidates encouraged to apply and identify themselves.
|More Jobs from Chicago Zoological Society|