This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
Chicago Zoological SocietyDocument ID: A7225-0UQM Posted on: 07/15/2013 Job Type: Temporary
Accounting Clerk (Seasonal)
The Accounting Clerk (seasonal) is responsible for assisting accounts payable/receivable staff with daily clerical functions. Utilizing your accurate data entry skills, you will assist accounts payable staff with daily processing of invoices including, but not limited to, matching vendor invoices to purchase orders and other documents and entering invoices into the financial system. Making use of your eye for detail, you will open, sort and process department mail, including assigning vendor numbers to vendor invoices and file voucher packages, vendor statements, vendor w-9 forms and other miscellaneous documents. Using your basic computer skills, you will assist accounts receivable staff with daily processing of customer invoices including, but not limited to entering information from catering documents into the financial system. Drawing upon your accurate basic math skills, you will assist accounts receivable staff with miscellaneous reconciliations including, but not limited to, reconciliation of credit card transactions and assist with journal entry input into financial system.
This position requires flexible availability to work any five days out of seven days each week. This is a temporary (seasonal) position. The minimum starting wage for this position is $11.25/hr.
The requirements for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of training and experience required.
- Some college with accounting coursework desired.
- Experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable or bookkeeping is strongly preferred, but not required.
- Accurate basic math skills required.
- Eye for detail, completeness and accuracy required.
- Basic computer skills required, preferably in Microsoft Excel.
- Accurate data entry skills required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged information.
- Experience and/or ability to work and interact effectively with a diverse, multicultural audience. Spanish fluency a plus, but not required.
The Chicago Zoological Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/V/D.
|More Jobs from Chicago Zoological Society|