This posting cannot receive an online application from your ChicagoJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Presence HealthLocation: Aurora, IL 60506 Document ID: AD002-0G6V Posted on: 2019-05-1705/17/2019 Job Type: Regular
Occupational Therapist I- Psychiatric Patient Experience Mercy Medical Center-A
Requisition ID: 60105
Location: Presence Mercy Medical Center
1315 North Highland, Aurora, IL 60506 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 32
Employment Status: Part-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Occupational Therapist I provides Occupational Therapy Services to patients/clients who have impairments, functional limitations, disabilities, or changes in physical or behavioral function and health status resulting from injury, psychiatric or medical disease or other causes. Performs assessment and plans interventions. Develops treatment plans which include goals and interventions for each patient. Documents all interventions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluates patients, establishes goals, and develops individualized treatment plans as prescribed by a licensed physician/practitioner.
- Provides direct patient treatment based on current occupational therapy practice and revises treatment plan based on the patient's response.
- Provides education to patient and family/caregiver regarding patient's abilities and need for assistance and continued therapeutic intervention.
- Recommends modification or changes in the patient's treatment program to the referring physician based on evaluation of progress. Confers as necessary with physicians concerning alternatives available.
- Prepares written/computer documentation as required by the profession, payors, and regulatory agencies and the department, such as evaluation results, treatment plans, progress reports, discharge paperwork and other such reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapy program required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Occupational Therapist with current Illinois License or License eligible required. CPR certification required.
Business Unit: Presence Mercy Medical Center
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability