This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
AMITA HealthLocation: Arlington Heights, IL 60004 Document ID: AD365-1ZRC Posted on: 2019-10-0810/08/2019 Job Type: Regular
Vocational Counselor - FT, Days, Arlington Heights
Vocational Counselor - BH Mental Hlth Svcs OP 012 - Full-Time,Day - Center for Mental Health - Arlington Heights,IL
Shift: Monday - Friday; 9am - 5pm
************Role will require some travel throughout the Northwest Suburbs for job development, and on-site job coaching/assistance
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Assists in the provision of behavioral health services and safety support for clients.
- Provide assessment, evaluation, job placement, support and training services to clients in the Vocational Program
- Act as a liaison between client, program, employers and Illinois State Department of Rehabilitation Services
- Occasionally provide in person job support to our supported vocational team in the community
- Collects, records, and reports data on client progress making specific instructional changes according to established guidelines and completes informal evaluations as required.
- Provides client assistance including deescalating volatile situations and alerts team members to any areas of concern.
- Assists with the search, inventory, storage, and return of patient property.
- May serve as a member of the crisis response team and participates in situational debriefs as required. May assist in the planning and implementation of individualized behavior support plans.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelors Degree in Human Services field highly preferred
- Bachelors in human services field preferred
- One year experience working in a community mental health center or Vocational training program preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.