This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your ChicagoJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Safer FoundationLocation: Davenport, IA 52803 Document ID: AD241-0DZV Posted on: 2019-06-2006/20/2019 Job Type: Regular
Minimum Education: Not Specified2019-07-20
Safer Foundation is one of the nation’s largest nonprofit social impact organizations focusing on human capital development for people with arrest and conviction records. At Safer, we focus on helping our clients secure and maintain employment because we understand that employment offers the best chance at successful reentry.
To submit a resume and apply for this position, please click: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=2e786b44-293f-4391-8365-e456c3a480e5&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US
Please note: After you “submit” your application, you will receive an e-mail acknowledging receipt.
This position is located in Davenport, Iowa.
The Support Specialist works to provide direct client services (including transportation), counsels participants toward accomplishment of case plan goals, provides positive role modeling and actively participates in all program activities including recreation. The Support Specialist will assist in developing participant case plans, record daily activity notes; enter information into Safer’s database system and compile statistical information as required. In addition, contact will be maintained with juvenile court services to update on participant progress and with schools and other community agencies to gather information to aid in case planning. The Support Specialist will work to create an engaging and non-threatening environment – utilizing evidence based practice approaches/ techniques to promote regular attendance and the attainment of successful outcomes. The position will require evening and some weekend availability.
- Minimum of 2 years’ successful and equivalent work experience working with youth in the criminal justice system and at-risk youth. Experience with start-up programs, a plus.
- Knowledge of best practice approaches and validated interventions including Aggression Replacement Training, Cognitive Restructuring and Carey Guides
- Knowledge of behavior management techniques utilized as a means to teach your appropriate social interaction, self-discipline, and control
- Ability to work independently and with a team as well as the ability to multi-task, problem-solve, organize and pay attention to details including the ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work appropriately with clients, peers, supervisors and external partners, as needed. Represent Safer with community groups as appropriate and attend community events, as designated.
- Excellent communication (oral, written/interpersonal) and critical thinking skills
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite including the ability to prepare client notes and maintain them in an electronic database
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline or equivalent experience.
Safer is a drug-free workplace.
No Phone Calls Please