This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
AMITA HealthLocation: Altamonte Springs, FL 32701 Document ID: AD303-1NTJ Posted on: 2019-10-2810/28/2019 Job Type: Regular
Chief Finance Officer
Chief Finance Officer - Executive Support 008 - Full-Time,Day - Hinsdale & LaGrange 5201 WillowSprings - LaGrange,IL
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Formulates and oversees the organization's financial planning, policies and practices in collaboration with executive leadership.
The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for providing leadership and oversight for the financial operations and performance of a designated sub-set of hospitals. These responsibilities include managing financial performance (revenue and expense management) and coordinating with system office functional leaders surrounding capital planning, general accounting, financial controls, internal/external financial accounting and reporting, tax, audit, budgeting/financial planning functions and revenue cycle. The Chief Financial Officer will report to the Regional Chief Financial Officer.
- Serves as a member of the leadership team and participates in development of the organization's vision, policies and short/long-term objectives.
- Directs the organization's treasury, accounting, statistical reporting, budget, tax, and audit controls, standards, and activities.
- Recommends strategies based financial, accounting and industry trends.
- Serves as liaison on financial matters among Board of Directors, executive leadership, management, financial institutions, and regulatory agencies.
- Develops financial department's objectives, establishes staffing patterns and organizes the work of the financial departments. Manages and evaluates performance of supervisors to ensure quality of service and technical expertise of staff.
- Develops business models for current and future opportunities including new ventures, partnerships, service line growth and management and capital investments.
- Employs deep financial expertise to deliver service-oriented, highly responsive results and share information transparently.
- Reviews the prepared financial statements for facilities under their direction and makes recommendations to the regional and system office functional leadership for any changes. On a monthly basis, provides a verbal executive summary of performance to the Financial Reporting Leadership and a written summary to the facility and regional operations leadership.
- Develops and implements short-term and long-term financial plans for facilities under their direction, in alignment with overall system financial plans, and in coordination with regional and system office functional leadership.
- Evaluates and interprets economic, social, and government influences on financial performance; and actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising the quality of services delivered.
- Analyzes and interprets data and develops clear and informative methods to present financial information, special projects, and focused studies to site and organizational leadership.
- Prepares reports for the senior and executive leadership outlining financial position in all areas based on past, present, and future operations, including variance analysis of actual to budget performance.
- Oversees in partnership with system office functional leadership monthly financial statements, including focus upon overall financial analysis, expense management, revenue valuation and other judgmental areas.
- Monitors Profit and Loss activities and metrics across the designated sites to derive insights and recommendations.
- Monitors and evaluates, on an ongoing basis, the appropriateness and accuracy of the revenue recognition and accounts receivable valuation of certain facilities under their direction in conjunction with system office functional leadership.
- Ensures compliance with productivity standards and other corporate initiatives by working collaboratively with site leadership.
- Mentors and participates in the development of members of the regional finance team.
- Provides education and coaching to the facility and regional operational leaders.
- Provides communication to members of the medical staff regarding financial and operational performance to goal on both a scheduled or ad-hoc basis.
- Supports the Regional CFO by leading monthly reports to the System Office when the RCFO has conflicts
- Leads certain regional initiatives when designated by the RCFO or Regional Operating Officer.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Accountant credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred
- CPA with current State licensure or proof of maintaining education requirements preferred. Fellow certification (FHFMA) in Healthcare Financial Management Association preferred.
- 10 years of experience required. 15 years of experience preferred. 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of progressive hospital financial leadership experience including previous experience as a Chief Financial Officer, Vice President of Finance, or similar senior level finance position preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.