This job posting is no longer active on ChicagoJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your ChicagoJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Learning Care Group, Inc.Document ID: A4101-0UUJ
Ad Number: learningcg-711 Published on: 2010-03-0803/08/2010 Job Type: Regular
Published in: ChicagoJobs
Grant Writer (commissioned-1099)As seen in ChicagoJobs
Job Title :Grant Writer (commissioned-1099)
Location :Chicago IL US 60652
Job Type :Contract
Job Description :
* Are you a Grant Writer looking for a remote, contract - 1099 opportunity?We are looking for an experienced grant writer, who will serve as an independent contractor to Learning Care Group, Inc. This person will partner with the Grant Coordinator to source funding opportunities, gather and organize information requested by grantor, and submit grant requests. Compensation will be based on a percentage of the grant awarded. The percentage will be determined on a grant by grant basis.
* Meet/exceed Learning Care Group, Inc. sexpectations by understanding, anticipating and meeting company s needs. Exhibit proactive communication; act and think with the company in mind.
* Friendly, enthusiastic and energetic with co-workers, managers, and grantors. Promote and project a positive company image; treats others with courtesy and respect.
* Through interviews and other means, gather information that will easily allow one to grasp the concept of a project or program for which funding is sought as defined by the grant coordinator.
* Acquire and maintain sound knowledge and understanding of Learning Care Group, Inc. and use that knowledge and understanding to better comprehend all projects and programs for which grants will be sought and to recommend the seeking of grants.
* Research grant-making organizations and analyze them to identify likely funding sources for specific projects and programs.
* Compile, write, and edit all grant applications exhibiting strong expository writing skills and a high-level command of grammar and spelling.
* Develop individual grant proposals in accordance with each grant-making organization's preferences and follow exactly each grant-making organization's guidelines.
* Generate revenue for the Company through timely submission of well-researched, well-written and well-documented fund-raising grants and proposals.Requirements:
* Bachelors Degree, preferably in English, Journalism or related field.
* Must have at least 2 years of grant writing experience.
* Strong computer skills and with ability to work on internet research and online applications.
* Desire to work independently, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
* Demonstrated solid writing and editing skills.
* Demonstrated a passion for young children and families.
* Excellent customer service and follow-up skills with both internal and external customers.
* Capable of working with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
* Interpersonal skills to build relationships with grantors in the area
Education :Bachelor's Degree
Career Level :Experienced (Non-Manager)
% of Travel Required :None